Totality awaits you in Chile!
We invite you to experience the heavens’ most dramatic sky sight — a total solar eclipse — in South America. The Milwaukee Public Museum will lead a seven-day, six-night solar eclipse trip to Chile from June 28 through July 4, 2019. Our southern hemisphere sojourn has many exciting experiences and events; see all the details in our downloadable brochure below. We hope you will join us on this exciting adventure south — it promises to be a trip of a lifetime. Sign up soon — this trip is sure to sell fast!
- Welcome dinner on June 28
- Overnight hotel stay (including breakfast) at Marina Las Condes, Best Western Premier Hotel in Santiago, Chile for three nights—June 28-30
- Tent accommodations for three nights —July 1-3 — with full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) prepared by local chefs
- Lunch during day tours on June 29 and 30
- Round trip airfare between Santiago and La Serena
- All ground transportation between Saturday, June 29 and Thursday morning, July 4
- Admission entry fees to tour stops
- Guided evening southern sky viewing with MPM Astronomer Bob Bonadurer
- Eclipse glasses, telescope access during the total solar eclipse on July 2, and access to other safe viewing equipment
- MPM eclipse shirt and bag
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to and from Santiago, Chile Airport Code: SCL
- Personal trip and flight insurance (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED - We use Travel Guard)
- Your passport or travel visa fees
- Any trip extensions you decide to do
- Ground transportation upon arrival from SCL to Marina Las Condes, Best Western Premier Hotel
- Dinners on June 29 and 30
- Incidentals and personal items
June 28 - July 4, 2019
Price and Payment
$4,650 (double occupancy)
$7,500 (single occupancy)
A deposit of 50% will be collected at the time of your reservation. The balance will be due on November 15, 2018.
Reservations and Questions
To receive a registration form or to reserve your eclipse adventure directly, call Kristine Orozco at the Milwaukee Public Museum at 414-278-2757.
Please have the following information ready:
- Passport Number & Expiration Date
- Date of Birth
- Current address
- Credit Card
For all trip itinerary and eclipse questions, please call Planetarium Director Bob Bonadurer at 414-278-6985.