The Milwaukee Public Museum strives to make its exhibits, programs, and facilities accessible to all visitors.
If you have questions or would like to receive additional information about accessibility at the Milwaukee Public Museum, please contact Dawn Koceja, Accessibility Coordinator, at Koceja@mpm.edu or 414-278-6943.
New Museum app now available!
MPM All In is a free app that helps families and groups, including visitors with autism and disabilities, plan their visit or interact while at the Museum. Features include exhibit social stories with videos, a customizable schedule, sensory-friendly Museum maps, communication prompts, and more. This app is designed to help all visitors feel welcome and supported while exploring all that MPM has to offer.
Current experiences available:
- Explorer Kits - Canvas bags that contain themed 3D objects and Braille exhibit guides available to check out
- Streets of Old Milwaukee exhibit app (visual scripts and audio guide)
- Assisted Listening Devices in National Geographic Dome Theater
- Captioned films in the National Geographic Dome Theater
- Captioned exhibit digital media
- CART Captioned Lectures
- Courtesy wheelchairs in several sizes
- Accessible parking
- Accessible entrances & elevators
- Benches on all exhibit floors
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible seating in National Geographic Dome Theater
- Family quiet space
Experiences coming soon!
- Touch Spot / Sensory Maps
- Sensory Tours