Please review our newest policies below to help plan your next visit to the Milwaukee Public Museum. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our highest priority.
Timing is Everything
Tickets are limited to meet a reduced visitor capacity, so advanced online purchase is strongly recommended. On-site purchases must be made via debit/credit card; no cash will be accepted.
For the safety of the community and our staff, a properly worn mask (over both the nose and mouth) is required by all visitors ages three and older at all times. Persons with disabilities or medical conditions are exempt from this requirement.
Map it Out
One-way paths have been created in the Museum Marketplace, and certain services are temporarily unavailable.
Visitors are encouraged to peruse at their leisure while maintaining proper distancing. Only one family group will be allowed per elevator at a time, which may increase wait times.
Please take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum and avoid touching surfaces.
Know What is Closed
Please note the following parts of the Museum are closed right now:
Haymarket General Store
Member Clue Crew
The Personal Cares and Sensory Rooms remain open for use. Complimentary wheelchairs are available at the ticket window. For information on availability of additional services at this time, please visit our FAQ.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
- MPM’s professional cleaning team is onsite during operating hours to sanitize and clean the restrooms, lunchroom, common areas, and exhibit galleries, including frequent cleaning of surfaces that hands touch to reduce the spread of germs (i.e. doorknobs, light switches, handles, etc.)
- Deep cleaning takes place when the Museum is closed; floors are mopped and vacuumed, restrooms are deep-cleaned, and all surfaces are sanitized.
- The air in the building is circulated with fresh air to maintain clean air at all times.
- Signs are displayed throughout the Museum to remind visitors to wash their hands.
- All staff members are required to frequently wash their hands.
How you, the visitor, can help:
- Please utilize our 25+ hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Museum.
- Maintain social distancing. A six-foot distance is encouraged between family groups; that's 18 swallowtail butterflies!
- Stay home if you are not well. We welcome all families to visit when they are healthy and ready to play!
- Notify Museum staff if an area or object needs attention.
Hours and Tickets
Please note our current hours of operation are Thursdays through Mondays, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Enhance Your Visit
Whether you come visit us in person or enjoy monthly programming from home, we'll bring you new videos, activities, and information about one of our beloved exhibits each month.
Still have questions? Please review our Visitor Policy FAQ.
Last updated October 18, 2021